Colorado Romance Writers Spring Retreat 2021
March 25-28, 2021
REGISTRATION OPENS FALL 2020!
Franciscan Retreat Center
7740 Deer Hill Grove, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80919
We are moving to a new location for 2021, the Franciscan Retreat Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. FRC is located in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies, located on the western edge of Colorado Springs.
How much does it cost?
CRW aims to keep the retreat as affordable as possible. Meeting room cost is split evenly amongst attendees and the room cost is split depending on room choice. We have a variety of room options and breakfast/lunch meals can be added on or you can opt to manage your meals separately. We are also offering a day only option. Please be aware, some rooms share bathrooms.
Costs for 2021 are as follows:
- TBD – Single attendee rate. Three nights with a double room to yourself. (6 Available)
- TBD – Double attendee rate. Three nights sharing a double room with a friend.
- TBD – Add on Breakfast and Lunch Friday through Sunday.
- TBD – Single day rate for writers who don’t plan to stay the night or who stay off site. This covers one day of meeting space plus lunch for that day. You may select one or more days.
What’s included in the cost of registration?
- Three nights’ lodging in one of the Franciscan Retreat Center’s comfortable rooms. Additional nights are available if you would like to extend your stay. Contact the FRC to check availability.
- Optional add on: All breakfast and lunch meals (Friday breakfast through Sunday lunch). Dinners will group outings.
- Access to FRC’s vast grounds and all their guest amenities, including: massage therapy, native trails, a labyrinth, and peace park.
- Lady Jane readings on Saturday night.
- The opportunity to meet and spend time with other writers.
- The opportunity to relax and draw inspiration from the gorgeous mountain views and a relaxed setting.
- The opportunity to focus solely on being a writer.
We have reserved the Woodsman and Mt. Cedar meeting rooms. We will designate one of these for sprints, and we ask that all attendees refrain from talking between sprints in this space. We will use the other room for breakout sessions, brainstorming, etc., and will not be a quiet zone.
What To Bring
- Casual layers. Colorado weather in the spring can be 80 degrees and sunny, or it can be snowy and cold, so plan to layer your clothing accordingly.
- Toiletries. FRC is a convent, not a hotel. They do provide towels, bar soap, and a hairdryer.
- Walking shoes or hiking boots. Whatever the weather, you’ll want to be prepared to take breaks from your writing to walk around the retreat center or join others for an impromptu hike on the nearby trails.
- Laptop, notebook, pens, pencils, story bibles, storyboards, sticky notes, index cards…whatever you need to make progress on your current work.
- A cushion or lumbar support device if you have a hard time sitting for a long time.
- Power cord, extension cord, and/or power strip.
- Snacks. There is a kitchen with a refrigerator and a coffee/tea station.
- Water bottle and coffee cup. (FRC has cups but they are small.)
- Wine if you are so inclined.
How many people can attend?
We have a reservation for 25 but can add on a couple more rooms if the interest is high enough and attendees reserve in advance. Overall capacity depends on how many registrants want to stay in their own room or share a room with one other person. We will stay in Marian Hall which has two floors. Bathrooms may be shared. Please note that the retreat center sits among an active convent. The rooms are simple yet comfortable. There are no elevators on site. If you have difficulty with stairs and need a 1st-floor room, please note this on the registration form.
What are my meal options?
The retreat center has a guest dining room with a wide choice of meals to choose from, including gluten-free and (fish, lacto, & ovo) vegetarian meals. They do not have a vegan option. Meals can be added on to your registration fee or you can manage those on your own. You are also welcome to store your own food in their kitchen. Please make sure you note during registration if you require gluten-free or vegetarian meals or if you have any food allergies. Those with food allergies will need to talk to the dining host before each meal to ensure they address all concerns. FRC has a large salad buffet, but those with allergies might consider bringing additional items to supplement.
Can I come to the retreat during the day, but make my own lodging arrangements separate from the retreat location?
We are offering a single-day option at a flat fee of $35 per day which includes lunch.
Colorado Romance Writers will refund your registration fees, less a $50.00 processing fee, provided you notify the retreat chair to cancel your registration on or before 31 or more days before the retreat date. If we are within 30 days of retreat: Unless we are able to fill your spot from the waiting list, CRW cannot refund any registration fees 30 days or fewer before the retreat date. If we are able to fill a cancellation from the waiting list, a refund (less I will grant the $50 processing fee).
Registration opens Fall 2020
Paypal Email: email@example.com
(When paying via paypal use “Pay Friends and Family” or “Pay for Goods and Services” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org )